2/10/2008

Did some Stash Shopping Today

We are experiencing extreme wind chill conditions again (currently -43). But I went out anyways to do some stash shopping. Michaels has a sale on floss and yarn this week.

I bought some DMC floss for a Birthday Floss Exchange I am participating in. I gave my DH 4 envelopes to mail earlier this week for the Exchange. They needed stamps (which I am sure I mentioned to him) but he mailed them without stamps. (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhh!!!) I know they will be eventually returned to me but I was already late mailing them out so I bought replacement floss so that I can mail them out again ASAP.

I also bought several balls of yarn that was on sale.

1) Bernat Soft Boucle - Earth Shades

I am planning to use it to knit a Long Cardigan.

2) Bernat Softee Chunky - Grey Ragg

I am planning to knit the Shaker Rib Sweater with it.

3) Patons Classic Wool Merino - Denim Marl

I have a felting project in mind for this - Knitting Basket

I have never felted before but I find the idea intriquing.

I going yarn crazy right now. I recently purchased some Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (for dishcloths), Berroca Ultra Alpaca Light, Berroca Ultra Alpaca on Ebay. The Ultra Alpaca Light is for a interesting tote bag pattern I found online - Intricate Stag Bag. The Ultra Alpaca was purchased by mistake (I failed to notice that it wasn`t 'Light'). But I found a pattern for another bag the I can use it for - Brea Bag. I couldn't find any Ultra Alpaca Light - Fennel used in the Intricate Stag Bag so I decided to order Winter White from Herrschners Yarn Shoppe. I think it will work well with the Chocolate Brown.

I started the KAL at Whoduknit on Friday. I am really curious what it will be. The pattern calls for 500 yards of sport weight yarn and the initial cast-on was only 7 stitches. After 4 rows it looks like it will something very long and narrow with that amount of yarn.

I also picked the book - Birthright (Nora Roberts) - at the Library on Thursday and started reading it right away. So far I am enjoying it.

Finished the February 7th Bookmark KAL this evening:



I used DMC Pearl Cotton #5 -321 for it.

I also finished the February 1st Dishcloth KAL earlier this week. I havn't taken a picture of it yet but I will do so in the morning.

Cross stitching wise I concentrated on the 'Back on the Road Again' Mystery SAL this week. I have finished Part 2 today and have started on Part 3. Part 4 was released on Wednesday so I am running a bit behind. I also started another ornament today. It is one of the mittens from this site - Mittens. I am doing the first one on page 6. I am doing it on perforated paper.

Well that's it for now. Take care!!!

Loretta

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That felted knitting basket is going to be gorgeous!! Stay warm, your post gave me a shiver up my spine! :)

    (I deleted my first comment becasue of spelling errors. I'm so sorry!)

    ReplyDelete