4/05/2009

Time For Another Update.................

although I haven't stitched much this past week.

I stitched a little quickie up on Friday for a "Movie Night" Gift Basket I made up for a silent auction we are holding at our Area (Girl Guides) Annual Dinner on Monday night. I found the pattern in the July 2006 issue of the The Gift of Stitching Magazine. I stitched it on 14 ct. brown paper and enclosed it in a magnet frame. The pattern called for JABC Popcorn buttons but I just stitched the popcorn.


Saturday Sampler: Movie Night by Sampler Girl

Here is a picture of the basket I put together. It includes a 2 DVDs, a box of microwave popcorn, popcorn seasoning, a bag of M & Ms, a bag of red Twizzlers, a 6 pack of 100 cal Coke, and a $10 GC from Rogers Video. I was so excited when I found the popcorn bucket at the $ store a couple of weeks ago, it was just what I was looking for.

Part 3 of the PK Garden Fantasy Mystery SAL was released on Thursday. So now I am working Part 3 along Parts 1 & 2. Here is my progress to date.


I have one goal this year - TO ORGANIZE MY STASH!!!!!!!!!!!! To achieve that goal, I started adding my charts and Kits into The Stash Can on Thursday. Boy what an eye opener. I have barely scrapped the surface but I am already amazed at how much stuff I have. I have definately reached S.A.B.L.E. (Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy). I have also come across a couple of items that I have in duplicate. Since this is not the first time I have bought something twice, I am hoping that by using The Stash Can I will avoid doing it again. I want to spent my money on new stuff not something I already have.

Well, it's getting late.

Happy Stitching!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. The popcorn bucket is luscious and filled with some nice goodies too. I kind of like it when I find I have two of something, it means my taste is running true and then I have something to pass on when I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for listing that the movie night piece is in that magazine!!! I was going crazy trying to find the pattern! I HAVE THE MAGAZINE!!!!!! So, I just printed it & I am going to go gather supplies RIGHT NOW to stitch this beauty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete