2/07/2010

Stitching, Knitting and Reading

Well, I didn`t pick up the Peacock or the Hummingbird at all this week. I was going to start on them this morning but last night we were over at my SILs to celebrate my MILs birthday (83) and my nephew was listing off to his sister a few things he needed. He mentioned coasters and I asked if he would like me to cross stitch some for him. He was receptive and so I questioned him on a theme. He suggested something to do with card playing. So when I came home last night I looked for a suitable pattern and found this at 123 Stitch.

When I woke up this morning I decided to check out Patterns Online before ordering the Ante Up! leaflet and found out the that the coaster patterns from the leaflet were available from POL separately. So I bought the charts. Since I had a couple of hexagonal acrylic coasters in my stash and 18ct Vinylweave I decided to stitch up one of the coasters to see how they will look. I like the results and so did my DH. I have enough Vinylweave so I will order some more acrylic coasters to make him a set of 8.


This past week I concentrated my efforts on completing another stanza and 1 motif on the Twas the Night Before Christmas. Here is my progress as of last night:


I also finished another Christmas Ornament - LHN`s Winter Sampler from the 2009 JCS Christmas Ornament Magazine.


Inbetween working on these 2 projects I knitted up another dishcloth.
Heart Dishcloth © Darilynn Page

I finished reading Doctor Zhivago last weekend and I currently reading `The Boleyn Inheritance` - Philippa Gregory (hardcover), `The Last Man Standing` - David Baldacci (e-book) and `Taste of Death`- P.D. James (audiobook). I am working hard to meet my Reading Challenges for this year.

Happy Stitching (and Reading)!!!!!!

P.S. If you haven't done so already, don't forget to enter my LHN giveaway. (See February 14th post above.) You have until this Saturday - February 13th to enter. Good Luck!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed The Boleyn Inheritance. Actually, I loved all the books in that series. They were great reads.

    I really like that LHN ornament. I think I might add that to my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy your needles have been smoking. They all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stitching! Love the coaster and ornie!

    ReplyDelete