9/24/2018

Forgot a SAL

Hi All,

Yesterday, I forgot to post about another SAL I am participating in.  Probably because I only started it on Friday.  The hashtag for this one on Instagram is #storiesofthenorth1sal.   The design is by Ginger Gerald Design.

This was my progress as of Friday:


I first saw it the on a flosstube episode from Off the Grid Needlearts.  I loved it so much I had to order it.  Caroline was offering it for a limited time as part of the Evertote - Seagull Point Summer Kit.   Along with a PDF of the chart, I received the following cross-stitch project with a matching notions bag and


a set 4 gorgeous blue threads from Victorian Motto Shoppe:


The chart suggest 2 DMC blues but I am using the first 2 blue from the left.  They are called Caroline Calm and 6AM Sky.

Today, I thought I would also show some other Christmas Ornaments I finished this year that were not part of the Just Cross Stitch SAL.

The first is part of another tradition I started last year.  My DH does not embrace Christmas in the same way as I do.   Although he isn't a Scrooge, he doesn't revel in it. So last year I purchased the 2 Sue Hillis charts Bah Humbug and More Bah Humbug leaflets and have decided to stitch one ornament a year for him.


This is the one I did last year.  I love this one because it is reminiscent of the "Charlie Brown Christmas" trees we use to have before getting our artificial tree.  We refused to pay a fortune for a real tree that was going to end up in the trash after a couple of weeks.   I always felt that with lights and baubles any tree is beautiful.



These other ornaments are from charts by Homespun Elegance, Little House Needleworks and Country Cottage Needleworks.

From top left (clockwise):  Homespun Elegance - 2013 Sampler - Your State Holiday Home, Country Cottage Needleworks - Fa La La , Little House Needleworks - Merry Christmas, Country Cottage Needleworks - Let Us Adore Him and Country Cottage Needleworks - Merry, Merry

I will sign off with a picof what I did today that was non-stitching related.  I made pumpkin puree.  Enough for 4 pumpkin pies.  I 💖💖 pumpkin pie.



Take care and Happy Stitching!!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment