9/23/2018

SALs and other stitchy events

Good Morning!

Yesterday I outlined my weekly stitching schedule and showed a few pictures of what I am currently stitching on.  However, there are few other pieces in the mix that are part of SALs and Challenges.

JCS Stitch Along

I have been a part of this FB group a couple of years.  Each year a vote is taken on which 12 ornaments we will stitch from the current Just Cross Stitch Christmas issue (you can stitch something else from the same issue if you don't like one of the chosen ornaments.)  Each year I start out strong but start to flounder by the summertime and only get a few done.   However, this year I am ahead of the game (one of the reasons my basket is already full) and already have 10 of the 12 already stitched and fully finished.  I was waiting on some threads for the last two and will probably start on them either today or Monday.

These are ones I have completed:

From the top left (clockwise) - 2017 Christmas Bauble - Patricia Ann Designs (May), Very Merry - Lizzie Kate (March), Frosty Friends - Blue Ribbon Designs (February), Santa's Coming - Swallick Stitchery (November), Warm Hands, Warm Heart - The Little Stitcher (January) and On the Runway - Snowflake Stitchery (April)

From the top left (clockwise) - So Much Fun at the North Pole - The Frosted Pumpkin (July), Hats Off to the Holidays - SamSarah Designs (June), Believe - Primrose Needleworks (September) and A Forest of Trees - JBW Designs (August)

Happy Halloween SAL

Another FB group  Bewitched Stitches I belong to is currently doing a Happy Halloween SAL that runs until November 30th.  I working on Halloween Cat by Satsuma Street for this SAL.  I am using the called for fabric (30ct WDW Periwinkle linen) and threads (DMC)      


I love how the designer uses colours in her designs.

Every Day Counts

The Ultimate Cross Stitchers Group on FB has a challenge every month to get so many stitches in.  This month it is 3075.  They provide a calendar with a daily stitch count to help you keep on track.  I just joined at the beginning of September and decided to focus on piece nthat had bee feeling neglected for the past few months.  As of yesterday I was 2406 stitches in.  The chart is called Welcome Santa (Dimensions - Debbie Mumm)

My starting point:




Where I was as of yesterday:


That is it for today.


Take care and Happy Stitching!!!!



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Glad your back Loretta. I've missed your posts. Congrats on all of the lovely finishes. Great progress and I love all of your other projects.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely stitches you featured in today's post! Good for you on being ahead with the ornament SAL!

    ReplyDelete