9/22/2018

Summer is over, I'm retired and I'm back!!!!!!!!


Hi Everyone!!!!!

It has been a looooonnnnnggg time since I lasted posted - almost 2 years.   As stated in my post title - I have recently retired and I am still adjusting to this new phase of my life (the past 3 months I have spent mostly out at our trailer so up to now it has been more of an extended vacation).  However, one thing I thought I would like to do now that my time is my own, is to start blogging again.

I know that the big thing now is Flosstube.   While I have contemplated doing one I am not sure I am ready - too many ifs, ands and buts.

I love watching Flosstube, though.  I am latecomer to the Flosstube scene - only started to watch them on a regular basis in January.  Unfortunately (or fortunately) I am the type that needs to see everybody's videos right from the beginning.   Therefore, I have been doing a lot of binge watching as I add to my list of favourites.   I really enjoy listening to fellow stitchers talk about their stitching and how it makes them feel (a lot of which I can relate to), seeing what they are working on and how they finish them (Yvonne (The Night Owl Stitcher) and Priscilla (Priscilla & Chelsea) really rock.) and getting a peek at their current stash and recent acquisitions.  The only problem I have with Flosstube is it what is has done to my wallet😀.

If you are familiar with my blog you will know that I am a Serial Starter and more of a process stitcher rather than progress.  While I love finishes (who doesn't and since I generally work on small to medium size projects, I get enough of those throughout the year). I mostly love how stitching makes me feel (contented) and being able to stitch on whatever I want when I want.   No deadlines for this gal and no guilt at how many WIPS I have (they will get done when they get done.)

While I am still working on establishing a routine in most aspects of my new retired life, I have establish one in my stitching life.  It is a result of becoming more active on Instagram (@lorettacarmensusanna) and watching Flosstube.   My weeks generally works like this:

Sundays(#santasundayxs) and Mondays(#merrymondayxs)

On Sundays & Mondays I work on anything Christmas related.  Christmas along with animals and birds are my favourite themes.   As you may recall I like to do a variety of Christmas ornaments that I put in a basket and let my family pick one for themselves.

This is how my basket looks right now and I am still working on adding some more.


I currently stitching on ornaments a friend asked me to stitch for her when she saw the ones I stitched last year.  I normally don't do this but since they are smalls I am okay with it.
   
They are the Penquin 1 & 2 by Vee and Co Cross Stitch Designs.  I am doing 2 of each design.  I finished 1 (still needs to be fully finished) and started a second.



Altough the fabric looks bluish on my screen it is a more greenish opalescent 28ct fabric.  It was in my stash with no label so I don't know where I got it from or what the actual colour name.

Tuesdays & Thursdays (#surprisewipseptember)

On these 2 days I use a android  app called Decision Roulette to pick one my many WIPS to work on that day.  I don't have all my WIPS entered on the wheel yet but I am working on it.



Wednesday (#witchywednesdayxs)

Wednesdays are reserved for Halloween stitching.  I am currently working on Early Witches by The Primitive Hare.   It was originally a Mystery SAL in 2015 that I joined and that is close to being finished. (See I told you that the WIPS would eventually get done.)



Fridays (#fallfridayxs)

Currently Fridays are for Fall Stitching.  Eventually I might do other seasons of the year.  My current project is Seasons in Chalk Art: Fall by Hands on Design (based on the Artwork by Priscilla Blain) from the October 2016 issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine.



 Saturdays (no #) 

Saturdays are reserved for Canadiana stitching.  I recently finished the Canadian Patriotic Snippets by Jeannette Douglas Designs and now working on Cross Canada Cross Stitch by Many Flowers Design Company (no longer available.)


Well, I think I have rambled on enough.  I will be back (hopefully tomorrow) with more pics and what I have been up to stitchywise.



Take care and happy stitching!!!!



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I also retired last December.
    I became a FlossTube watcher recently.
    It can become addicting!
    I love that Pick Wip, what a great idea!
    Good to see you back!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Flosstube is definitely become an addiction for me. Take care!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your retirement! Your stitching day rotation looks interesting. Your basket of ornaments looks fabulous. Lucky recipients!

    ReplyDelete