1/06/2019

WIPocalypse 2019 and more

Whoops!  I fell off the wagon again. (I haven't  posted in over 3 months).   Oh well, a New Year is always a good time for a new start.

Last year I joined the Facebook group WIPocalypse but failed to get organized enough to actively participate.   Today is the Kick-off day for 2019, which is as a good time as any to start blogging again.


We are suppose to start with an introduction.  So for those of you who are new to my to my blog or those who haven't visited in awhile (and why would you if I am not posting) my name is Loretta - I am married (going on 33 years), no children and currently have 1 dog (Buster/Buddy -a great dane/golden retriever and who knows what else mix).

I have been stitching since I was 16 and now that I am retired I have more time to stitch.  Which is good since stitching is my life.  Rarely a day goes by that I don't take a needle and thread to a piece of fabric. I am also a certified serial starter with more WIPs than I care to admit to.

My goals for 2019 are to:

1.  Whittle down my WIP pile (I think this is actually obtainable now that I am retired)
2.   Stitch more from my stash and curtailing new acquisitions (I have also joined the Facebook groups Stitch From Stash 2017-2019)
3.  Getting more of my finished pieces out of the proverbial "under the bed box" and out on display for me to enjoy.

My first finish for 2019 is Away We Ride by Blackbird Designs.  I really enjoyed stitching this piece.



A few of my current WIPs are:

Snow Sampler - Country Cottage Needlworks


Seasonal Celebration: Winter - Country Cottage Needleworks


Mystery Christmas Sampler - Lizzie Kate



Seasons in Chalk: Fall - Hands on Design (JCS October 2016)



Well that is it for now.   I had my SIL and her husband over for brunch today and now all I want to do is stitch and chill.

Take care and happy stitching!!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Some really lovely projects in progress - look forward to seeing them grow :)

    ReplyDelete