7/31/2019

WIPocalypse 2019 - July Report


Wow!!!!  Where does the time go.  It is already the end of July!!!  So much to stitch and so little time!!!! (And I am retired!)

Despite my whining, I had fairly productive month.

I manage to finish stitching and fully finish 3 Christmas Ornaments (all are from 2018 JCS Christmas Issue:


My Christmas Song - MTV Designs


Left Behind - Misty Hill Studio


Bless the Lord - My Big Toe Designs

My other finishes include a start from Stitch Maynia 2019 (9 down, 22 more to go), a WIP from this year,  a WIP from last year, another WIP from 3 years ago and a new start this month.


Noah's Christmas Ark I - Plum Street Samplers


A Year in Chalk: Spring - Hands on Designs (JCS April 2016)



Berry Time - Valerie Pfeiffer 


What Cancer Cannot Do - Gloria & Pat (freebie)


Santa's List - Country Cottage Needleworks

Finally, I worked on the following WIPs:


Alice in Wonderland - Bothy Threads


Octopus's Garden - Blackbird Designs


More Chocolate Bunnies - Hands On Design

This month's question is - How do you get yourself out of a stitching drought?

Generally I just let it ride.  I know from past experience that it will past and I will be back stitching again with a vengeance.

I think that is it for now.

Take Care and Happy Stitching!!!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Good Thursday morning Loretta. First of all. Look at all the nice pieces you've stitched up! Beautiful! Hard to believe that someone with your talent is in a drought! I was there once also. It lasted so long that I finally gave away or threw away all the floss I had. I can't even think about doing that ever again, but time, and I must say a long time passed and I got the urge once again. So, if you need to, just let the stitching be for now....One day you'll think of a piece you've started and want to pick it up. Or, you'll see a new chart out and you won't be able to resist it! Until then. Stick close and watch for the Friday's WIP's and the finishes. You have a fantastic weekend coming up my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am not in a drought currently. I was just answering a question for the WIPocalypse SAL. Basically when I am in a drought I just wait for it to pass as I know it will. I can't imagine ever giving my supplies away. Take care and happy stitching !!!

      Delete
  2. That's fantastic progress for the month! So many beautiful finishes and projects worked on. I haven't seen a stitched Valerie Pfeiffer design for ages I'd almost forgotten how cute they are. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The Valerie Pfeiffer's are adorable. I stitchred this as a companion piece to one I stitched in 2007 - Blossom Buddies.

      Delete
  3. You have completed so much. How awesome and you're stitching is amazing. Congrats and can't wait to see what you have next month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete