1/08/2019

Another Day

Yesterday it snowed and now the temperatures are dropping.   Another good reason to stay home and stitch.😀😀😀

Yesterday started de-christmasfying the house.  Boy is it starting to look naked.   I know a lot of you take down your Christmas trees a lot earlier but it has been a tradition in our family to wait until after the 12 days of Christmas.

My DH was quite the good Samaritan yesterday.  After clearing our driveway he went to clear the driveways and entrances of our neighbours on either side of us and across the street from us.  Also, later on while walking the dog he helped another who got his vehicle stuck in the snow.

Yesterday I got hit by a "snowball".

via GIPHY

So I managed to make a significant dent on my Snow Sampler by adding 355 stitches.

I also worked on the Seasonal Celebration: Winter and started the Joy (Rovaris) Christmas Ornament from the 2017 JCS Just Christmas issue.



I am using the DMC Etoile threads on the ornament.  Using C816 for the 816 and 1 strand of Etoile Blanc with regular Blanc (because the Etoile is more of a light grey).  It is easy to work with and I like the addition of a little sparkle to my ornaments.

Well, that is enough for today.

Take Care and Happy Stitching!!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Good start on the Joy ornament! Both your snow/winter pieces looks good. Do you estimate or count the actual stitches? Sorry you got hit with a snowball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. For the counting events I do count the actual stitches.

      Delete