5/27/2019

May WIPocalypse SAL check-in



I decided to take part in Stitch Maynia 2019.  This was my 2nd year participating.  Last year I did 18 new starts and managed to finish 17 of the 18.  This year I decided to go for 31 new starts.


Days 1-12 I started each of the ornaments in the Noah's Christmas Ark series by Plum Street Samplers.  Days 13-23 I pulled out the Dicken's Mittens Series by The Cricket Collection and started each of the 11 ornaments,   For Days 24-31 I am starting June to December & March in the A Year in Chalk series by Hands on Design.  So far I have kept up.


A Year in Chalk - June - Hands on Design (Day 24)

Besides all these new starts I also managed to complete a few WIPs and make another new start with a finish. (It helps to be retired.)

I stitched the following for an ATC in Cross Stitch Card and ATC SAL (Facebook) unfortunately the owners decided to close the group so I am not sure what I going to do with it now.  Another group has been opened it in its place Cross Stitch and ATC Swap  which I joined,  Maybe I will be able to use this in one of their future themed events.

Pink Elephant - X-Calibre Designs (free chart)

I also finished stitching and fully finished the following ornament from the 2018 JCS Christmas issue.

To All A Good Night - Knotted Tree Needleart

And I finally finished stitching the Penguin #1 ornament by Vee and Company,  the Moon Over Blackbird by Lizzie Kate (free chart) and the 2015  May - August Pattern of the Month Series from Stoney Creek.





Last month I picked up the following with intention of adding something I stitched to it.



 After looking through my stash, I  decided to stitch Nature's Beauty by Little House Needleworks.

And this is the final result.


This month's question is "Where do you love to shop for stash?"  Because I am very much a homebody and hate to go out once I am home I did most of my stash shopping at online shops for years.  But since I have now retired and don't have to wait  until  after work (when I was tired) or on Saturday (when I had 100 other things to do) I  frequent my LNS - Sheena's Gallery - more often and love it.  I was lucky.  About a year before I was going to retire, the previous owner decide to sell the shop because she wanted to retire and when she had no takers she closed the shop 6 months before I retired.  However, within 5 months of closing the shop reopened with a new owner.  Since I want her to succeed I am going to give her as much business as I can.

Take care and Happy Stitching!!!!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your beautiful finishes, and all of the progress you have made this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wasn't May a fantastic month for you? So many gorgeous new starts and a few finishes in there too! Good luck with working through your Maynia pieces; at least they're all relatively small! :)

    ReplyDelete